Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Why consider this opportunity?
- Our Cardiac and Vascular Center currently includes 13 Cardiologists, 2 Cardiothoracic Surgeons, 3 Vascular Surgeons, and 14 Advanced Practitioners
- Opportunity to grow minimally invasive mitral valve surgery and aortic valve repair program
- Thriving TAVR program with over 111 cases performed since its inception in Fall of 2014
- 13 operating suites and the region's only state-of-the-art hybrid operating room
- Cardiovascular Fellowship entering is sixth year of advanced training
- Teaching opportunities available
- Robust Clinical Research program
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Program for ten of the last thirteen years
As with any knowledge-based industry, we recognize that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
The Guthrie Clinic is one of the longest established multi-specialty practices in the country. With its financial stability and integrated clinical care model, Guthrie is structured with an organizational design and function that provides the flexibility necessary to navigate the healthcare changes that lie ahead.
Guthrie is a collegial, physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery system that offers its nearly 500 physicians and advanced practitioners opportunities for leadership, research, advancement and a work/life balance that others only dream of.
Highly selective search.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all are within 3-1/2 hours' drive.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
- The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
- Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
- Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus); international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
- Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
- Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Albany International Airport
Email me this job description.