Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified emergency medicine physicians seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. At Guthrie, the Emergency Medicine and Trauma departments work in tandem to provide patients with the full range of care for emergent situations. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- Generous compensation with affordable living in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region.
- Excellent benefit package including full medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, paid CME meeting time (with allowance), retirement savings plan match, disability and life insurance.
- Fully integrated practicing physician led health care delivery system with 24/7 multi specialty and mid-level support.
- Brand new state of the art Emergency Department planned with construction to begin in fall of 2017. Opportunities to be involved in the final design.
- The RPH Emergency Department was one of 12 Emergency Departments nationally that was invited to participate in a National Institutes of Health study for most improved Emergency Department throughput.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are an Emergency Medicine physician who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.
Email me this job description.