Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- Opportunity to develop sub-specialty clinics including connective tissue disease, vasculitis, myositis, inflammatory arthritis, regional and complex pain syndromes based you personal interests.
- Part of a comprehensive Musculoskeletal Unit offering Orthopedics, Physiatry, Physical and Occupational Therapists working alongside occupational health, pain specialists and radiologists.
- On-site musculoskeletal ultrasound available and rapid access to a full spectrum of musculoskeletal diagnostic techniques and musculoskeletal radiologists.
- A practicing physician led organization in a financially robust integrated healthcare system.
- Collegial, team environment
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all are within 3-1/2 hours' drive.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
- The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
- Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
- Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus); international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
- Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
- Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Albany International Airport
Email me this job description.